Goa International Travel Mart (GITM) 2019 was held from Oct. 23 – 25, 2019 at the Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Indoor Stadium on the Indian mainland. The exhibition concluded on Friday, 25th October 2019 with the Honourable Chief Minister of Goa, Dr. Pramod Sawant assuring support to investors in the tourism sector and further endorsing the move to develop Goa as a Medical Tourism Destination in particular.
Dr. Sawant inaugurated GITM 2019 on Wednesday, 23rd October 2019. He visited the GITM fairground on Friday evening and interacted with several of the tourism stakeholders who participated at the prestigious B2B event in Goa. (with Picture)
During the two-day GITM 2019 exhibition, several business sessions were held for participants namely by Mr. Chiraj Goel of MakeMyTrip & Goibibo, whiskey and wine tasting sessions and a talk was held by medical tourism which was attended by the medical fraternity in Goa.
For the international buyers, a FAM Trip was organized to explore and experience Goa’s beauty and various other facets including adventure tourism activities. International media from 25 different media houses and around 36 domestic travel trade media, besides local media covered the event.
The chief goal of the expo was to increase the overall size of the tourism sector in Goa as a touristic destination for national and international tourists. The event will gather international professionals looking to find new ways to feature Goa as an ideal destination and get a first-hand exposure to various tourism products of the destination.
GITM was supported by Major National and State level Trade and hospitality associations. These include the Association of Domestic Tour Operators Association of India (ADTOI), Adventure Tour Operators Association of India (ATOAI), India Association of Tour Operators (IATO), Travel Agents Association of India (TAAI), Enterprising Agents Association of India (ETAA) and the Travel and Tourism Association of Goa (TTAG).
The event has been a full success for the Goan stakeholders and presented a unique opportunity of the Goan tourism market to showcase some of the best hospitality products to travel agents and tour operators from around the world. This event will be a massive help to create a networking eco-system for developing business opportunities with the travel industry from India and abroad.
The event attracted participation from different parts of Goa, making it the biggest congregation of stakeholders from the state. The event presented opportunities for the State’s Hospitality and tourism industry to come together and showcase our diverse products to a global audience. The event generated interest for the state and had received commitments from Buyers to include more products of the state in their itineraries.
Key Features of the event:
- One of India’s Biggest Hosted Buyer Travel-Event.
- The event was supported by the Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India.
- Organized as a pure B2B event, the event generated over 10,000 Appointments between our stakeholders and travel partners from around the world.
- Over 15 different tourism segments: World Heritage Sites, Adventure & Wildlife, Business Travel and Hotels, Conference and Meetings, Pilgrimages, Festivals of Goa etc
- 100 Exhibitors representing various products of Goa such as Luxury Hospitality Products, Homestays, Casinos and Gaming destinations, Whiskey and Wine Trails, Destination Management Companies, Adventure products such as water sports and Scuba Diving, Festivals of Goa, etc.
- Deltin Group, Taj Hotels, Marriott, Le Meridien Goa – Calangute and Double Tree Hilton – Panaji were the Hospitality Partners for the Event.
- The three-day event showcased the flavours of Goa prepared by renowned chefs delighting the Buyers and media alike.