European Cities Marketing announced new President, Executive Committee and Board Members during annual conference
At the General Assembly of European Cities Marketing held in Ljubljana President, Board Members and members of the Executive Committee were elected by ECM members.
During European Cities Marketing International Conference & General Assembly in Ljubljana attracting record breaking 200+ persons during the last 3 days, Petra Stusek (Ljubljana, Slovenia) was elected the Association’s President for the next 2 years. The General Assembly also appointed Sam Johnston (Dublin, Ireland) as Vice-President dedicated to the Meetings Industry, Barbara Jamison (London, UK) as Vice-President dedicated to City Marketing and Laura Aalto (Helsinki, Finland) as Vice-President dedicated to Leisure & Tourism.
The newly elected board members are as follows: Geerte Udo (Amsterdam, The Netherlands), Alex Galinos (Athens, Greece), Dieter Dewulf (Bruges, Belgium), Laura Aalto (Helsinki, Finland) and Jurgen Moors (Maastricht, The Netherlands).
Ignasi de Delàs (Barcelona, Spain) pursues his role as Treasurer. Bettina Reventlow-Mourier (Copenhagen, Denmark), Miguel Sanz (Madrid, Spain), Yvonne Coulin (Nuremberg, Germany) and Marta Stawińska (Poznań, Poland) carry on with their mandates as ECM Board Members.
Commenting on her election, Petra Stusek said: “To be at the forefront of such association is great privilege and responsibility at the same time, since ECM has an important impact and is setting trends in urban tourism. It contributes significantly to my professional life. I first came across with the organisation in 2004; since then I have gained valuable experience based on exchange of good practices applied in numerous cities.
Development of urban tourism is at the crossroads: changes in the habits of guests and emergence of new technologies call for caution as well as greater innovation in managing destinations. In my term as ECM President, I will use my years of experience to help implementing the changes with great prudence and at the same time pay attention to innovation, integration and focus on the future. ECM new strategy 2019-2022 provides us with exciting times ahead, our past successes have defined ECM and we will continue to Meet, Share and Grow to expand our work in a global environment.”
Current ECM Executive Committee:
• Petra Stusdek, President (CEO, Ljubljana Tourism)
• Laura Aalto, Vice-President Leisure & Tourism (Position, Company)
• Sam Johnston, Vice-President Meetings Industry (Manager, Dublin Convention Bureau)
• Barbara Jamison, Vice-President City Marketing (Head of Business Development – Europe, London & Partners)
• Ignasi de Delàs, Treasurer (Deputy General Manager, Turisme de Barcelona)
• Geerte Udo (CEO, Amsterdam & Partners)
• Alex Galinos (Managing Director, Athens Development and Destination Management Agency)
• Dieter Dewulf (Managing Director, Visit Bruges)
• Bettina Reventlow-Mourier (Deputy Convention Director, Wonderful Copenhagen)
• Jurgen Moors (Managing Director, Maastricht Convention Bureau)
• Miguel Sanz (Tourism Director, Madrid Destino)
• Yvonne Coulin (CEO, Nuremberg Convention and Tourist Office)
• Marta Stawińska (Head of Tourist Products Promotion and Tourist Information, Poznań Tourism Organisation)